PARTICIPATION RULES 2012
• The Aydin Dogan International Cartoon Competition is organized every year in Turkey by the Aydin Dogan Foundation.
• The competition is open to professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
• The Jury, composed of international members, will meet in June 2012.
• The 29th Aydin Dogan International Cartoon Competition will be celebrated with an award ceremony in October 2012 in Istanbul.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Choice of subject is free.
2. Only original cartoons will be accepted. Cartoons sent as printouts should bear original signatures of cartoonists. Photographs, photocopies, etc. will not be accepted.
3. Size of cartoons should not exceed 29.7 x 42cm (A3 paper size).
4. Participants are expected to send the filled out participation form, with a short curriculum vitae and a photograph, together with their cartoons. Please fill out the form attached or download it from www.aydindoganvakfi.org.tr . The documents should be sent to
Aydin Dogan Foundation
Burhaniye Mahallesi, Kisikli Cad. No 65
34676 Uskudar Istanbul, Turkey.
5. The Foundation will not be responsible for any damage that may occur during postage.
6. Award-winning cartoons will not be returned to their artists.
7. By filling out the participation form, the participant declares and accepts in advance that (s)he hands over the financial rights such as processing, duplication, distribution, representation, indication and transmission to the public via audio and/or visual means (s)he holds over the cartoons to the Aydin Dogan Foundation without limitations on location, time period and number including assignment to third parties under Articles 21-25 of the Law No. 5846 on Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Works for publication; (s)he also declares and accepts in advance that the Aydin Dogan Foundation may use such cartoons to exhibit them, to keep them in its archives, to publish them on the Internet or through other media or to use them in any other way without limitations.
8. The Foundation will cover travel and accommodation expenses of the first three award-winning cartoonists for the award ceremony in Turkey.
9. Cartoons that have not received any awards shall be returned to their owners upon written application to the Foundation within one year. The responsibility of the Foundation finishes after one year.
10. The deadline for entries is Tuesday, May 1, 2012.
11. Jury members cannot participate in the competition in the year they act as a jury member.
12. The decision to upload the cartoons sent to the competition on the Virtual Museum lies with the Aydin Dogan Foundation.
Winner : 8,000 USD and the Aydin Dogan Foundation Winner Award
First Runner up: : 5,000 USD and the Aydin Dogan Foundation First Runner up Award
Second runner up : 3,500 USD and the Aydin Dogan Foundation Second Runner up Award
Success Award : 500 USD and the Aydin Dogan Foundation Success Award
(In the event of a tie, the monetary awards may be shared equally among the winners. A minimum of 5 and maximum of 12 success awards will be granted.)